You are here
Annual Report Summary
- Library renovation project completed.
- The Library received the Civic Image Award from the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce for landscaping work done around the staff parking lot.
- Long-time Library Director Diana Brown retired; new Director Pam Leffler began in January 2014.
- Youth Services Manager A. Denise Farrugia was named an Illinois Library Luminary.
- Electronic Resources Librarian Sarah Slack was named Credo’s Librarian of the Month in November 2013.
- The Library received 1st place in the non-profit category in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
- Library Shelver Deborah Stowell appeared on Jeopardy!
- We celebrated two notable Trustee anniversaries this year: Norm Huntley 45 years and Tory Haines 15 years.
USE OF LIBRARY RESOURCES
- Traditional (print, non-digital) resource use – 9.8%
- Total eMedia downloads (e-books and e-audiobooks) + 31.3%
- Mobile website visitor sessions + 99% **
- Mobile website users + 5.6% (14,198) **
- Use of downloadable music -0.02%
- Internet use in the Library -32% (to 39,812) ++
- Website hits – 38% (to 31,029,507) **
- Unique visitors to website -20% (233,943)**
- 1,964,968 Library website pages were viewed (-29%) **
- 1,441,839 books and other items were checked out (26.17 per capita; -9%) ++
- 62% of checkouts = adult/young adult; 38% = children/students through 8th grade
- 458,536 visits to the Library, or 8.32 per capita (-0.8%) ++
- 152,152 reference questions were answered: 2.76 per capita (+3.2%)
- 49.1% of our 55,092 residents have current SC library cards (+0.4%)
- Adult program attendance + 23%; youth services + 0.2%
- Axis 360 e-book platform was added
- Hoopla Digital streaming video platform was added
- The Library’s new website was launched in March
- 17.9% of the Library’s budget was spent on library books and other resources
- Total materials collection decreased 4.5%, from 406,985 to 388,794
- 67% of the collection was adult and young adult material; 33%, children and students through 8th grade
- 33,212 items were added to the collection; 60,389 were withdrawn
** The newly designed website launched on March 6, 2014. We are now using Google Analytics which tracks usage more accurately than our previous software. We will be able to make more direct comparisons beginning in March 2015.
++These decreases are directly related to the library renovation project which required closing the library for one week for asbestos abatement and made various collections and internet workstations inaccessible for a period of approximately one month.