You are here
Connect to WiFi
Wireless Internet is available throughout the Library via several access points.
No password is required.
The wireless network names are:
Connect to the strongest signal (most bars)
The Library provides wireless internet access via an open, unsecured wireless network. It is strongly recommended that you do not use such a network to transmit personal, financial or legal data. It is not possible for the Library to protect you against malicious theft or interception of such data transmitted over our network.
Library staff may provide limited functional assistance with wireless access (such as how to connect), but cannot troubleshoot a privately-owned wireless device.
Any restriction or monitoring of a minor’s access to the Library’s wireless network is the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian.
About the Network
Wireless Internet access is available throughout the Library building to anyone who has the necessary devices and software, via an open, unsecured network.
The wireless network is not meant as a replacement for the wired network and is not meant to be used as a primary network connection. The wireless network is meant to extend the wired network for simple uses in areas where wired network access is unavailable. Users are expected to avoid using applications that will use large amounts of network bandwidth. These include servers and file-sharing applications.
Wireless Network Usage Policies
Wireless Internet access in the library is governed by the Library’s Internet Use Policy.
The following policies are in addition to the Library’s computer and Internet usage policies. Actions that are detrimental or inappropriate when accessing the Library and Internet resources include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- The Library does not supply or loan network cards.
- Library staff provide no technical assistance for wireless networking.
- Users may not extend or modify the network in any way. This includes adding access points and installing bridges, switches, hubs, or repeaters. The Library reserves the right to remove or disable any unauthorized access points.
- Any attempt to break into or gain unauthorized access to any computers or systems from a wireless connection is prohibited.
- We reserve the right to limit bandwidth on a per connection basis on the wireless network, as necessary, to ensure network reliability and fair sharing of network resources for all wireless users.
- Any effort to circumvent the security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to the Library’s wireless network may result in the suspension of all access.