You are here
Checklist for skipping Computer Basics
Do you know how to:
- Use the mouse – specifically knowing how and when to scroll, right click, left click
- Use the mouse to move/position the cursor; move the scrollbars
- Use the mouse to open and close windows and other items
- Use the keyboard to type, highlight, cut, copy and paste items
- Open a program from the desktop
- Open a program from the start menu option
- Create and save files to the hard drive
- Create and save files to a flash drive and other storage devices
- Use drop-down menu and dialog boxes and understand what the status bar is
Confident familiarity with ALL of these skills is needed!
Reasons for taking the computer basics:
We want you to keep up with the other students while taking other classes.
The instructors will not have time to give special attention to learn these prerequisites in other classes.