• Elibrary Plus
Find complete text of newspaper and newswire stories, magazine articles, reference books, pictures, maps and radio/TV transcripts on current topics. Use the natural language or advanced search feature.
• Gale Virtual Reference Library
Contains the full text of hundreds of reference books on a wide variety of subjects, including history, business, medicine, science and humanities. Includes tables of content, indexes and illustrations. (Guided Tour)
(Tip – try this one first for good overviews and statistics)
• General Reference Center Gold
Provides one-stop access to general interest magazines, business periodicals, reference books, and newspaper articles. (Search Tips)
• Health and Wellness Resource Center
Collection of general interest health and fitness magazines, medical and professional periodicals, reference books and pamphlets. (Guided Tour)
• Points of View Reference Center
Two hundred topics, each with an overview (objective background/description), point (argument) and counterpoint (opposing argument).
Dough Boyby Peter Marino
Overweight, fifteen-year-old Tristan, who lives happily with his divorced mother and her boyfriend Frank, suddenly finds that he must deal with intensified criticism about his weight and other aspects of his life when Frank's popular but troubled, nutrition-obsessed daughter moves in.
Insatiableby Eve Eliot
This incredible, imaginative story, written in episodic format, is based on real case histories about girls who binge, purge, and refuse to eat in an effort to try to gain some control over their lives.
Kim: Empty Insideby Beatrice Sparks
A true-life diary, this story follows Kim and offers a glimpse at her inner life that is dominated by the impulse to destroy herself with an eating disorder.
Perfectby Natasha Friend
Following the death of her father, a thirteen-year-old uses bulimia as a way to avoid her mother's and ten-year-old sister's grief, as well as her own.
Skinny by Ibi Kaslik
Gritty and often wryly funny, "Skinny" explores family relationships, love, pain, and the hunger for acceptance that drives all of us.
• Cool Nurse - Teens need to know the latest about health and fitness. Here is a reliable source of information on everything from sexuality to nutrition to stress management, just for teens.
• Teens Health - Is tattooing safe? How can I deal with my anger? Should I go on a diet? What can I eat before the big game? How long is mono contagious?
• Vegetarian Resource Group - Look Mom, recipes for the whole family! And Q&A, books, nutrition information and more for the fruits and vegetables crowd.
• Nutrition Cafe - Are you meeting your daily nutritional needs? Grab a table at the Nutrition Cafe.
• General Nutrition - Go Ask Alice is produced by Columbia University to provide readers with factual, in-depth, non-judgmental, straightforward information.